Sakura Matcha Latte
Sakura matcha latte is a visually pretty drink to enjoy during Spring, and not just that, it really is delicious and very refreshing. The verdant color of the matcha and the pink color of the sakura cherry blossom, along with the white of your favorite regular or plant based milk, make this sakura latte a beautiful drink.
Matcha goes perfectly well with sakura, and when you add milk, it really tastes delicious. It is like tasting Spring in a cup. You can add ice and make this also an iced sakura matcha latte.
The best is that matcha powder is filled with health benefits, such as giving long lasting energy, promoting concentration, relaxation, boosting the immune system, detoxing the body, just to mention a few. And, sakura powder has health benefits too, especially for the skin, due to its high amount of vitamin A, which promotes a healthy skin, elasticity, reduces redness, puffiness. So, when combining matcha and sakura together, the body receives a lot of aminoacids, minerals and vitamins which are good for the soul, mind and body. Sakura matcha latte then, is a great combination!
SAKURA MATCHA LATTE RECIPE
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 5 min
For the Sakura:
50ml water, preferably hot
2 tsp Sakura Cherry Blossom Powder by Matcha Oishii
For the Matcha:
50ml water, preferably hot
1.5 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder from Matcha Oishii
For the Sakura Matcha Latte:
200ml milk of your choice, regular or plant based works great too
1 tsp vanilla syrup or sweetener of your choice
Ice cubes (optional, if you want an iced sakura latte)
Get your Sakura powder and Matcha Powder for this recipe here!
1. For this sakura matcha latte, you will have to prepare the sakura and matcha separately. So, start by preparing the sakura part of the drink. For this, add the sakura cherry blossom powder into a cup, add the water, and mix it very well until the sakura powder has dissolved completely. You can do this using a spoon, whisk or an electric mixer.
2. Reserve the sakura latte powder mixture and prepare the matcha mix now. You will need to dissolve the matcha powder really well, so start by adding the matcha green tea powder to a tea bowl and add only a few drops of water, mix until you have made a thick paste. Then, slowly add the rest of the water, and whisk until you have top foam, and the matcha green tea has foamed nicely. Reserve your matcha latte powder mix for now.
3. Grab your favorite cup, add ice cubes if you want to prepare an iced sakura matcha latte, and now comes the fun part!
4. Pour in the sakura that you had previously prepared.
5. Then add the milk, and if you wish, add the vanilla syrup for this to have a nicer sweeter taste, optionally.
6. Lastly, pour in the matcha tea, slowly.
7. You will have a beautiful iced sakura matcha latte to enjoy and cheer to Spring beautifully and deliciously!