Matcha Witch Finger Cookies for Halloween
Witch finger cookies for halloween are incredibly creepy, but when you add bright green matcha powder to the batter and the witch fingers are green they become even spookier not to mention delicious!
Matcha witch finger cookies for halloween are easy to make, require little baking skills and kids enjoy making these too. This is because matcha witch fingers do not need to look perfect, they can be wiggly and gnarly and that makes them even spookier. So, on top of being delicious, this matcha witch fingers are also super fun to make. Plus, everyone loves them. And, if there is an almond grinch in your social circle, they can simply remove the nail, and the halloween cookie still looks amazing.
MATCHA WITCH FINGER COOKIES FOR HALLOWEEN RECIPE
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min plus shaping time, refrigeration and baking, 1 hour
Almonds to use as nails
1 cup softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp organic Matcha Oishii powder
Get your Matcha for this recipe here!
1. Start by mixing the softened butter with the sugar and egg with a hand or stand mixer in high speed for about 30 seconds.
2. Then, start to add the flour slowly until it is all incorporated. While you do this, mix in slow speed.
3. Continue to add the rest of the dry ingredients, so, the baking powder, salt, and the organic Matcha powder. Make sure that you do not over mix the batter but that the dry ingredients are well incorporated, and that your matcha finger cookie batter have an even green color.
4. Refrigerate the batter for 15-30min, or until you think that the batter is solid enough to shape the matcha witch finger cookies for halloween.
5. To shape the matcha witch fingers, start by grabbing a teaspoon of batter and rolling it against a baking paper in long and thin "fingers" or lines. You do not want these to be super thick, as they will expand in the oven when you bake them.
6. When you have shaped the matcha witch fingers, add a whole almond at the end on one side. That will resemble the witch's nail.
7. Then press on the top and middle sides of the matcha fingers to give the witch finger cookies a spooky appearance, and then add lines with a wooden stick or knife, to make these look like knuckles.
8. You can bake the matcha witch fingers straight away but it is best if you let them rest in the refrigerator for at least 30min, and then bake them.
9. Bake the matcha witch finger cookies for halloween at 170-175°C for about 15 minutes or until they start to brown.
10. When you take them out of the even, feel free to remove the "nail" almond while still a bit hot, and add a bit of red food coloring to make it look even spookier. Then add the almond back in again. This step is optional.
Your matcha witch finger cookies for halloween are ready! We bet everyone will love these, including yourself.