Hojicha pancakes are a great way to start your day! They are healthy, easy to make and simply, delicious! Plus, kid-friendly too! Since hojicha is super low in caffeine! In fact, in Japan, houjicha is consumed by children and the elderly for this reason.
If you are looking for a great way to use your hojicha powder and incorporate some of the great health benefits of hojicha tea into your routine, while having a delicious breakfast. This mini hojicha pancake recipe is easy to make, and it will come out delicious! Even, with zero baking skills.
HOJICHA PANCAKES RECIPE
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min with 15 min cooking time
180 gr flour
3.5 tsp baking powder
300 ml milk
4 Tbsp butter, melted
Pinch of salt
Sliced Strawberries (optional)
1.5 Tbsp Organic Hojicha powder
Get your hojicha for this recipe here!
1. Warm up a small pan and add a bit of butter to it.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, then add the liquid ingredients, and mix by hand until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Scoop about 3/4 Tbsp batter into the pan, so you start forming the hojicha pancakes shape.
4. Cook each hojicha pancake for about 40 sec on each side or until bubbles appear on the top, then it is time to flip the houjicha pancake to the other side, then remove from the pan once it is cooked from both sides.
5. You can serve and add fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas. Nuts are great too. Maple syrup goes perfect with this. Top with your favorite ingredients!
This pairs great when enjoyed together with an Hojicha Latte!
Which one is your favorite? The hojicha latte, the hojicha pancakes? or both hojicha recipes when enjoyed together?