Hojicha Pumpkin Spice Latte
Hojicha pumpkin spice latte is without a doubt a favorite in the fall recipe tea collection! And, one of the best things about Autumn is the chance to start drinking warm tea again.
Matcha Oishii's houjicha makes the perfect tea for autumn! Not just because it is super healthy, but because it’s natural sweet taste and toasty flavor make it pair with lots of things perfectly well!
Hojicha is green tea that is roasted and due to this, loses almost all of is caffeine. So, not only is hojicha super low in caffeine, but the green tea becomes brown due to the roasting process. Its flavor is super unique and is loaded with health benefits.
It wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin, and that’s why we’ve spiced things a bit with this delicious hojicha pumpkin spice latte that is incredibly easy to make and super delicious to taste.
The combination of pumpkin with the roasted green tea leaves of the Hojicha make this latte perfect for autumn along the taste of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon! Don’t miss it...
HOJICHA PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE RECIPE
Prep time: 1 min
Total time: 1 min
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree, this can be canned or homemade
50ml Hot Water
200ml Your Favorite Milk, Regular or Plant Based works great too!
1/8 tsp Ginger, ground as spice
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Cinammon
1/2 Tbsp Agave or Maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
Get your Hojicha for this recipe here!
1. Start by making the pumpkin puree, simply oven roast or boil the pumpkin cubes until they are soft enough for you to puree them in the blender or food processor. You can use canned pumpkin if you wish too.
2. Continue by dissolving well the organic Hojicha powder in the hot water. Matcha Oishii's houjicha powder is from the highest quality, and it will dissolve even if you are only using a spoon. Reserve the prepared hojicha tea.
3. Blend together or use a food processor to mix the pumpkin puree with the spices.
4. Now, you can decide to layer your cup and add the pumpkin puree at the bottom, then the Hojicha and top with milk and syrup. Or, you can mix all of it together, for a traditional hojicha pumpkin spice latte.
For that, simply mix all of the ingredients together in the blender! Meaning, the pumpkin puree, dissolved hojicha tea, spices. You can add the syrup in there, or add later to check on the level of sweetness.
5. Feel free to top with cream, and sprinkle a bit of the spice mix on top of the hojicha pumpkin spice latte on top.