Strawberry Hojicha Latte
Strawberry hojicha latte is a truly delicious creation which you can enjoy during a hot sunny day or simply to lift your spirits when it's raining, because this hojicha strawberry latte is not only tasty but super pretty too!
The amazing taste of the houjicha combined with the milk and the flavor of the strawberries, make this strawberry latte pair perfectly well with the roasted Japanese green tea hojicha powder.
Matcha Oishii's houjicha has a natural sweet taste with hints of cacao and caramel notes, these contrast really nicely with the acidity of the strawberries, and make this strawberry hojicha latte a nice drink to enjoy during anytime of the day, given that hojicha is almost caffeine-free, so it is actually good to even have it during the evening.
Making this latte is not so complicated and we are sure, you'll love its taste! Plus, let's admit it, it just looks too beautiful, and whoever said that food comes through the eyes first, was completely right, because we are completely in love with the looks of this beautiful strawberry hojicha latte.
STRAWBERRY HOJICHA LATTE RECIPE
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 30 min with simmering and cooling time
For the strawberry part
1/2 Cup Strawberries, sliced
1 Cup Sugar
For the hojicha latte
180ml regular milk or your favorite plant based alternative
1 tsp organic Hojicha powder by Matcha Oishii
1. Start by making the strawberry base for the strawberry hojicha latte first.
2. When you start to heat up the strawberries, these will release its natural juice, but if you believe they need a bit of water, you can add a tiny bit at the beginning.
3. Chop the strawberries, and add the sugar to a pot, and let them simmer for about 15 minutes, until they have started to look smaller, almost like jam, but more liquid.
You can skip the sugar if you want, and add a tiny bit of water instead.
4. Once the consistency is still liquid, turn the heat off and let the strawberries cool down completely. During this time, the strawberry latte base will start to become more solid and consistent.
5. You can then pour the strawberry puree in your favorite glass and reserve while you prepare the hojicha latte.
To have a nice visual effect, you can first add the milk slowly, on top of the strawberries, and then prepare the hojicha tea. If you will add ice cubes, it is best to do that before you add the milk.
6. Now, it is time to prepare the hojicha tea for the strawberry hojicha latte!
7. Start by adding the houjicha powder to a cup or tea bowl, and simply add the 50ml water, you can do this with 70-80°C water.
Then, simply stir the houjicha powder with your whisk, or with a regular spoon or your favorite whisking accessory.
Matcha Oishii's houjicha powder dissolves really easily, so dissolving and how to prepare a hojicha latte won't be a problem.
Once that the hojicha powder is completely dissolved, you are ready to pour the hojicha tea to make your strawberry hojicha latte.
8. Simply, pour in the prepared hojicha tea on top of the milk to make a delicious hojicha latte, don't forget to appreciate how cool and gorgeous this strawberry hojicha latte looks before you drink it!