Matcha Pancakes Recipe
Matcha Pancakes Recipe that is easy to make? Yes! That is possible!
Matcha Pancakes Recipe ? Probably in your head that already sounds complicated, or at least, in mine it did when I thought of it for the first time… I really said “this is going to take ages!” but to my surprise, it could not have been easier…
To be honest, I grew up eating the already prepared mix for American Pancakes, so all I had to do was basically empty the box and add milk to it. Therefore, the single thought of making pancakes from scratch (forget the Matcha Green Tea Powder now) was already quite intimidating to me. But, knowing about the amazing Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea and suddenly craving pancakes, I had no alternative than to test my grandma's recipe for American pancakes, and guess what? I have for you THE Best Matcha Pancakes Recipe Ever! Delicious and Fluffy Matcha Green Tea Pancakes Recipe !
The best about this amazing Matcha Pancakes Recipe is that it is not only super easy and quick to make; or it isn’t either the amazing Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea that you get when you eat this delicious Matcha Pancakes; but, it is the fact that this Matcha Pancakes Recipe can really be enjoyed by everyone!
I mean from my neighbor that is a health coach to my kid, to my grandma who is very traditional with her food- and would never dare to try something new, especially not Green Tea Matcha Pancakes – but since this was her recipe, she had no other choice, and she loved them! And really… everyone in between! So, Matcha Pancakes are just… lovable with this recipe!
Something very nice about this Matcha Pancakes Recipe is that you can personalize it to add your favorite touch and it will still taste delicious!
You can enjoy this Easy Matcha Pancakes Recipe for Sunday Brunch, or really any other day or time of the week!
Matcha Pancakes Recipe
Servings: 8-10 medium sized pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour (all purpose)
- 1 Tbsp of White Sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii
- 1 1/4 Cups of Milk (of your choice, regular milk, almond milk, etc)
- 3 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- 1 egg
DIRECTIONSHow to make the best Matcha Pancakes Recipe :
- First, in a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and Matcha. Combine them.
- Make a well in the middle and start pouring in your liquid ingredients: milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Mix until you have a smooth batter, but make sure not to overdo it, otherwise, the mixture will be too liquid and the Matcha Pancakes will not be fluffy.
- I like to use butter for the pan, but feel free to use your favorite oil as well. So, go ahead and heat your pan over medium-high heat, and lightly coat it with your favorite oil/butter.
- Start pouring the batter with a bigger scoop, try to form nicely-shaped circles so they brown evenly.
- When you see that your Matcha Pancakes batter starts to get some tiny holes, it is time to flip them.
- After flipping your Matcha Pancakes it is not much longer to take them out of the pan and serve them hot on the plate.
Matcha Pancakes Toppings
You can add some toppings to this Matcha Pancakes Recipe if you like!
Our suggestion is to add some Greek yogurt on top (if it is too thick, you can always add a bit of water) and top it with blueberries! Of course, you can add some syrup as well.
This is just an idea, but you can also add strawberries, cream cheese glaze, or your favorite sauce. Or you might want to enjoy this Matcha Pancakes just like that.
No matter what your choice is, we are sure that you will love this Matcha Pancakes Recipe as much as we all do!