Hojicha Burnt Basque Cheesecake Recipe
Hojicha burnt Basque cheesecake recipe is surely one to keep if you like to try new recipes! Hojicha or houjicha is roasted green tea and is extremely low in caffeine.Hojicha origin is Uji, Japan, and the roasting of green tea leaves gives hojicha tea a distinct flavor, Matcha Oishii's hojicha powder has notes of nuts and cacao, making it not just perfect to drink as a latte in the evening but also to use in hojicha desserts.
HOJICHA BURNT BASQUE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Servings: 1 cake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 min with baking time
250 g cream cheese
55 g sugar
155 g fresh cream
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
8 g cornstarch
1/2 Tbsp of Hojicha Powder by Matcha Oishii
Get your Hojicha for this recipe here!
1. Preheat oven to 230°C
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your hojicha dessert ingredients, the cream cheese and sugar first and mix until smooth
3. Continue to add the eggs to your mixture.
4. Now comes the most important ingredient for this hojicha recipe, add the cornstarch and the hojicha powder and mix until you have an evenly brown mixture.
5. Line your burnt Basque cheesecake pan, preferably a 2 x 4" one, and pour the hojicha batter mix slowly, making sure not to leave any air bubbles.
6. Time to bake your hojicha burnt Basque cheesecake for 15 minutes!
7. Remove your hojicha cheesecake from oven, let it cool and slice the perfect piece of this hojicha recipe goodness.
This delicious hojicha recipe was created by Kait, and we love it.
How to store hojicha burnt Basque cheesecake? simply keep it under a cake dome outside of the refrigerator for a day, or after that, keep it in the refrigerator up to 4 days. But to be honest, this hojicha cheesecake is so delicious that we are not sure it will last that long before you eat every single slice.