Lemon Matcha Cake
This lemon matcha cake recipe is so moist and fluffy that it will make it to the top of your list in no time!
The recipe for our lemon matcha cake is really so easy to make, that you don’t need to worry about it coming the wrong way…
What we love about this easy matcha cake recipe is that it is an excellent option as a dessert when you’re having guests, Sunday brunch, a pot luck event, or simply… to have a piece for breakfast!
It really is the perfect matcha cake recipe because it is so spongy and flavorful. We are sure you will love it as much as we do.
Lemon goes great with matcha cake, as it creates a really nice sweet and sour flavor that is hard to replicate and almost impossible to resist… even to those who are new to matcha! We mean it, this matcha cake recipe is a crowd-pleaser.
What’s best even is that you get to enjoy the health benefits of matcha, so the sweet splurge won’t be entirely off track.
So if you are looking for a perfect cake recipe to make for a special holiday, or perhaps want to impress with an amazingly creative and easy cake recipe, do give this lemon matcha cake recipe a try, as it will be hard to resist!
The lemon matcha cake recipe has a very unique color which will make it irresistible, but when you try it, its flavor and texture will have you head over heels!
Lemon Matcha Cake Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 Tbsp of Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii
- 200gr Softened Butter
- 200gr Sugar
- 200gr Self Raising Flour (if not, add 1 tsp of Baking Powder and 1 tsp Baking Soda)
- The Grated Zest of a Lemon
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Lemon Squeezed into the Mixture
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 180gr of Powdered Sugar
- 4gr of Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Grate the zest of a lemon.
- Add eggs.
- Mix the lemon matcha cake mixture.
- Pour in the sifted flour and mix again. You are about to taste the best lemon matcha cake ever!
- Add Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii.
- Mix again, until you have a nice even green lemon matcha cake mixture.
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 40 minutes
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes
- Now for the glaze, mix the powdered sugar with the Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii and the lemon juice, and mix until you achieve a nice consistency.
- Pour onto lemon matcha cake.
- Let sit for about an hour, but if you can’t wait, you can eat your lemon matcha cake right away!
Enjoy this lemon matcha cake recipe! And don’t forget to decorate with some green toppings or fresh strawberries.