Matcha Chia Pudding
Sometimes it's hard to get new ideas on what to have for breakfast, especially quick and easy healthy breakfast recipes but, hang in there! We've got your back! This matcha chia pudding recipe is not only super easy to make, but it is also loaded with antioxidants and health benefits for your mind and body.
Growing up in Mexico is no surprise I knew about chia seeds and the benefits of chia seeds. As chia seeds go back to Aztec times when they started to cultivate them in what is now Mexico.
So, take chia seeds and now combine them with another superfood... yes, matcha green tea powder is perfect to combine with chia seeds. The best is that you can get the health benefits of matcha green tea but also the health benefits of chia seeds! Who wouldn't want to eat something delicious that is healthy too?!
This is why this matcha green tea chia pudding is perfect for breakfast! But, it also tastes like glory as an evening snack! As you will get the energy of matcha tea and the protein of chia seeds. Just to mention a few of the health benefits of matcha green tea and chia.
The best of this recipe is that you can easily replace the vegan ingredients for regular milk if you don't want to follow the suggested vegan matcha chia pudding recipe, or tune it as you prefer! A little bit sweeter, maybe less? or even with extra toppings like dried coconut or even dark chocolate.
I've had a couple of friends ask me how to eat chia seeds and especially how to make chia pudding. Some of them had the idea of chia pudding being something difficult to make, but actually, it is very easy!
Chia seeds can be eaten dry, but what we are looking for in the chia pudding recipe is for the chia seeds to moisten up so they get fluffy and big. Which happens once you put the mixture of matcha chia pudding in the refrigerator. So, no complication other than mixing all of the chia pudding ingredients together in a bowl and then waiting for the chia seeds to become like sponges that will absorb the liquid ingredients.
Ready to taste matcha chia pudding ?!
Servings: 3 Matcha Chia Pudding Servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: at least 1 hour refrigeration time, 1.10 with refrigeration
- ½ Tbsp of Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii
- ¼ Cup Chia Seeds
- ¾ Cup of Almond Milk
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Agave Syrup (you can replace with sugar, honey, or your favorite sweetener)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Your Favorite Toppins (banana, yogurt, berries…)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, add firstly the chia seeds, then continue to add your Premium Classic Grade Matcha Oishii. Pour in the Agave and vanilla extract.
2. Stir until you combine the ingredients of your soon to be matcha chia pudding.
3. Pour the almond milk and then the coconut milk into the mixture.
4. Combine well, until all of the matcha chia pudding ingredients are well combined.
5. Pour into cute little cups.
6. Refrigerate your matcha chia pudding recipe mix for at least an hour, but it is best to keep it overnight if your cravings allow it! This way the chia seeds can absorb all of the liquid ingredients and be all fluffy and tasty.
7. Once the matcha chia pudding has been refrigerated the liquid mixture will thicken, and your matcha green tea chia pudding is ready!
8. Add your favorite toppings, bananas, berries, yogurt, are just some of the ideas!
Enjoy this delicious matcha chia pudding recipe for breakfast or as a snack, and don't forget to share with your loved ones too!