Oat milk matcha latte is one of our favorite matcha recipes. The flavor of the matcha green tea powder along with the natural sweetness of the oat milk, make this vegan matcha latte hit the top 10 of our matcha recipe repertoire.
How to make a matcha latte with oat milk? Well, making a matcha green tea latte is quite easy. The most important thing is to know which is the best matcha powder and use the best quality of matcha green tea powder for lattes.
Why is buying good quality matcha important? Well, good quality matcha green tea powder is important because it will give your tea a sweet after taste, the color will be more green and the texture will be smoother. How can you recognize good quality matcha powder? Simple! The greener, the better!
One of the best things of matcha green tea is that it can be consumed hot and cold. So, when people ask us can I make hot matcha latte? Or can I make iced matcha green tea latte? The answer is always yes! Because good quality matcha is so permitting with other flavors, and it is so nice to taste it both cold and hot. For winter, a hot matcha latte will be perfect, but for spring or summer, maybe you fancy more an iced matcha latte.
Having an oat milk matcha latte is not just super tasty, but also very healthy and refreshing. Matcha is loaded with vitamins and minerals which are amazing for the body.
OAT MILK MATCHA LATTE RECIPE
Prep time: 2 min
Total time: 2 min
- 50ml of Hot Water, 75-80C degrees, not more, otherwise the tea will burn and it will taste bitter
- 200ml to 350ml of Oat Milk, depending on how much milk you want
- 1tsp Agave Syrup, optional
- Ice Cubes if you want an iced oat milk matcha latte
Get your Matcha for this recipe here!
- How much powder per cup? Well, we like to add 1.5 teaspoons when preparing an oat milk matcha latte, because the taste of the oat milk is a bit stronger and could overpower the flavor of the matcha powder otherwise. That is why, we always advise to use of 4 matcha scoops with your Chashaku bamboo scoop or 1.5 tsp of Organic Matcha Oishii powder to your Chawan matcha tea bowl.
- This is the most important step in the matcha latte recipe. If you want to learn how to make a matcha latte, you must always get this step right. Before, pouring all of the water in, add just a little bit, enough to make a thick matcha paste, and using your matcha bamboo whisk or Chasen, touch the powder lightly, until you dissolve all of it. Only then, you can add the rest of the water, not before. If you do not dissolve the matcha green tea powder properly, you will get a lumpy matcha latte, and it won't be pleasant nor tasty.
- Once you have made your thick matcha paste, and all of your green tea powder is dissolved, you can pour in the rest of the water and whisk, by moving your hand rapidly, back and forth, creating an "i" shape, until you start to see a nice and creamy foam on top of your matcha tea.
I do not have a matcha tea bowl nor a matcha bamboo whisk, can I still make a matcha latte? Yes! You can. How to make matcha latte without whisk?
- To make a matcha latte without whisk, simply grab a crystal jar and add your green tea powder in there. Then, pour in the water, close the jar with a lid, tightly, and shake vigorously, until the matcha is well dissolved.
- Once you have the matcha tea prepared, pour in the the oat milk and pour in the matcha.
- You can add ice cubes for a nice oat milk matcha latte, or you can warm up the milk if you want a hot matcha latte.
- The agave syrup is optional, if you want a sweeter drink, then you can add it, otherwise, maybe the natural sweetness of the oat milk is enough for you.
Don't tell, but our Matcha Oishii founder drinks one oat milk matcha latte a day, and rumor has it she looks much younger than she actually is. Did you know that matcha boosts collagen production and aids your skin to combat aging? More health benefits of matcha green tea are being detox and boosting your immune system, among others.