Sakura doughnuts are a delicious treat to enjoy during Spring. The sweetness of the doughnuts and the cherry blossom flavor go great together, plus they're beautiful too, because who doesn't like a pretty pink donut?
Let’s say it, it’s okay to have a sweet bite once in a while! And, when people say that you eat with your eyes first, they couldn’t be more right!
Seeing these pretty pink cherry blossom sakura doughnuts is simply mesmerizing. Now, add the sweetness of the doughnuts and the freshness of the the sakura cherry blossom, yum, simply delicious.
These sakura cherry blossom doughnuts are super easy to make! You can make your own doughnuts at home or simply buy your favorite plain doughnuts at a local bakery, etc, and glaze them yourself using this sakura cherry blossom glaze recipe.
They will be ready in minutes, will come out super pretty and we are sure you will become a fan of this sakura doughnuts recipe too.
Sakura Doughnuts Recipe
Servings: 12 glazed sakura doughnuts
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minute with drying time
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbsp of Coconut Milk (can be any other milk too, regular or plant based)
- 1 Tbsp of Sakura Cherry Blossom powder by Matcha Oishii
Get your Sakura Cherry Blossom for this Recipe here!
1. The most important thing in this sakura doughnuts recipe is the glaze. So, you can make your own doughnuts with a recipe that you already love, or simply buy any doughnuts at your favorite bakery or shop and use those for glazing. The important thing is that the doughnuts that you get, do not have any glazing already. So, make sure you have plain doughnuts. It is okay if they have some sugar on. That won't affect the outcome of this pretty pink and delicious cherry blossom doughnuts recipe.
2. Once your doughnuts are ready, start to make the sakura glaze. This is quite easy and quick. Grab a wide and not so deep bowl and mix together all of the dry ingredients first, including the Sakura powder.
3. Then add the milk to the dry ingredients and stir until you get an even pink color. You want the glaze to be thick enough so it does not drip all over the sakura doughnuts, but not so thick that you can't glaze the doughnuts. You can start by adding the milk slowly, and see the consistency, and continue to add more until you see it's right. It should never be too liquid. If that happens, just add a bit more of powdered sugar.
4. Once the cherry blossom glaze is ready, you will start to submerge each of the doughnuts in the sakura glaze mixture, making sure you cover all of the edges of the doughnuts.
5. You want to make sure that you let the sakura glaze drip well before setting each doughnut to rest, because otherwise the glaze will be too thick. So, shake the cherry blossom doughnut around and let the excess drip.
6. Place each of the sakura doughnuts on a rack and let them dry. This does not take long. But, you want to make sure that the glaze is properly dry and set before eating the cherry blossom doughnuts.
You can enjoy these beautiful pink doughnuts with a glass of your favorite milk, or with a delicious sakura latte to lift your Spring spirits! Enjoy.