Organic Genmaicha, or also popularly known as popcorn tea, is a mix of loose leaf green tea and roasted brown rice. Genmaicha translates from Japanese to Brown Rice Tea, Genmai (玄米) means brown rice and Cha (茶) tea.
Usually, Japanese genmaicha is made with low quality green tea from the second or third harvest of the year, but our Organic Genmaicha Japanese Loose Leaf Tea is made with Sencha from the First Harvest of the year. Which gives our organic genmaicha loose leaf tea a much more flavorful and rich aroma.
Our organic genmaicha Japanese loose leaf tea is a perfect blend of roasted brown rice and loose leaf sencha. Made by roasting and puffing the genmai brown rice grains, and mixing it with first harvest sencha green tea that was steamed to preserve its benefits, rolled, and dried. Resulting in a delicious mellow tea, with a sweet, nutty and buttery flavor and a rich and nice aroma.
- 60gr organic genmaicha Japanese loose leaf tea, approx. 23 servings
- Packaged in environmentally friendly bag, and metal tin, which can be used to store your tea to prevent oxidation and preserve its freshness
- Ichibancha, First harverst of the year sencha Apr-May
- Grown and packaged in Uji, Japan
Why You'll Love It:
- Our Award-Winning organic genmaicha has a sweet, nutty, buttery taste
- First harvest sencha makes this tea taste mild, non-bitter and less astringent
- The same leaves can be brewed three times and still have an amazing flavor
- Easy on the stomach, and low on caffeine
- Nutrient-rich and filling
- Soothing and perfect for any time of the day
- Pairs well with savory and sweet foods
Our organic genmaicha Japanese loose leaf tea is delicious when hot and you can enjoy it as iced genmaicha as well.